4.07.2010

Happy Birthday My Beloved

Today is the 27th birthday of my wife, Michaela.

We met and began dating in August of 2001 at the age of 18. The day that I met Michaela I remember thinking to myself, "now this is a very special girl". What an understatement.  I never could have known in that moment that THIS would be the girl that I would fall madly in love with. That THIS would be the one who bares my children, who comforts me in my sorrows and who rejoices with me in my victories. There was no way of knowing just how strong a woman she would become, and just how precious a friend she would prove to be. Yes, in that moment of relaxed passing acquaintance I saw for the first time the girl of my dreams.... I just didn't know it yet.

We were engaged a year later and were married in December of 2004. We have been married for over 5 years now. What an amazing ride we have had so far.

I love you baby. Happy birthday. God willing, I will be here to say that 60 - 80 more times. And possibly even more if in the coming decades scientists unlock the ability for humans to live as cyborgs. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Godspeed,

Christian

No comments:

Post a Comment